This summer I decided to see a functional medicine doctor to figure out what my remaining health issues are stemming from. Traditional doctors kept giving me the runaround so I decided to give this a shot. I found a doctor with promising reviews and so far she has been so helpful to me while I turn my health around. She told me that I had to remove all the toxins (as much as possible) from my home as one of my steps towards improving my health. The logic behind it was that if my remaining health issues aren’t because of the toxins in my home, she’ll be able to more easily narrow down what is going wrong.
Since I am trying to save money, I was not excited at the thought of replacing all the remaining “toxic” items in my home with new items. So, I decided to get crafty and make my own DIY natural deodorant instead of buying a ton of new stuff. I already knew the harm that chemicals in my beauty products can do to me so I knew that she was right for having me do this exercise.
So, today I am sharing with you can make your own DIY natural deodorant.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (if you make a purchase after clicking on the link, I will get a small commission but it won’t cost you any extra money). Click here to see my full disclosure policy.
What You’ll Need for Your DIY Natural Deodorant
- Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil(s) of Your Choice – I like using citrus ones for my deodorant because the smell is more powerful and they are energizing. My deodorant uses grapefruit and sweet orange.
- Witch Hazel – The one I chose has lavender in it which is a calming essential oil.
- Distilled Water
- Glass Spray Bottle – I used a 2 oz. bottle. I like it because it’s small enough for me to travel with.
The (Ridiculously Easy) Steps
- You will need to fill your 1/2 of your spray bottle with witch hazel and 1/2 with distilled water (1:1 ratio)
- Pour about 10 drops of essential oil for a 2 oz bottle (increase for larger bottles)
- Spray those pits without fear of toxins
- No scary chemicals. There are so many toxins in our environment so it’s nice to have to worry about one less toxin.
- It smells so good. The scent doesn’t smell fake just genuinely amazing.
- It lasts through my workouts.
- This is deodorant, not antiperspirant so it will not prevent you from sweating. It is definitely not healthy to prevent your body from sweating so I have zero problem with this. Some people may not like this.
- Although it last through my workouts, I will be straightforward with you, it will not last the entire day.
Have any comments or other all natural DIY tips? Let me know!
- Ditch the Chemicals: Why You Should Switch to Clean Beauty Products
- Discover These 12 Natural Home Remedies for Good Sleep